We recommend Google Domains for registering and maintaining your domain registration. We believe that you, the client, should own your own domain, so we don’t resell or manage the domain registration. We will, however, help you get your domain registration set up and you can share management with us through Google Domains, where we can keep your domain records up to date for you. Ultimately, though, you should legally own your domain and be able to access it in your own account.
Table of Contents
Transfer your Domain to Google Domains
- Access Google Domains and sign into a Google account you wish to use to manage the domain registration.
- Click on the transfer tab and type your domain into the transfer field.
- Google domains will walk you through the process. You’ll need to be sure the domain is unlocked in the old provider account and you’ll need to retrieve a transfer code (or EPP code) from your old provider to verify that the transfer is authorized.
- Enter your EPP/Transfer code in Google domains.
- Once you’ve completed the steps at Google Domains, we suggest that you log back into your old provider and push the transfer so it is done immediately.
- After your domain is fully transferred to Google Domains, let us know via chat and we can help you share access with our team. Then we’ll take care of all the rest of the technical stuff for you. Anytime you need domain records changed for emails or other services, just let us know.
Share Access to your Domain Management
Once you have your domain in Google Domains, you can add permissions for us to manage your domain for you. This way, you don’t have to send us any passwords or transfer the domain ownership. Here’s how to set up sharing permissions.
- In Google Domains, click on My Domains and then click on the Manage button for the domain you wish to share.
- On the domain management screen, click on Registration Settings and then click on Add User under Domain Permissions
- Enter the email address
email@example.com the field and hit submit.
- Also, send us a quick message via chat to let us know so we can take care of it all quickly.