Want to change the background image in your page builder content? Want to use a background video? Let’s review how to edit the backgrounds in the page builder.
Note: This article applies to page builder content, which is mostly just your static pages. In some advanced cases, page builder can be used throughout the site, but in most cases, if you want to change a background on a dynamic post like a sermon, event, or blog post, that will be managed in the dashboard where you edit that post.
- Launch the Page Builder. If you haven’t already launched the page builder, click on the “Page Builder” button in the top left corner. You must be logged in and an administrator or editor.
- Hover over the row you want to edit. When you hover over the page while the Page Builder is active, you should see some wireframes appear around modules and rows. At the top left corner of the row, you should see a small set of icons. (This set will be moved to the bottom if you are at the very top of the page.)
- Click on the Edit Row button. This button appears as a wrench icon.
- Click on the Style tab in the page builder interface.
- Scroll down to the background area. You can change the background to none, color, gradient, photo, video, or pattern. Once you select a background type, the options will change in the builder interface. i.e. Photo will allow you to select an image and how you want the image placed.
- Don’t forget to publish your changes!
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via chat!
What about a column?
Row backgrounds are more common than column backgrounds, but sometimes we use the column background feature to create layouts that look like this:
The process is very similar, but where you access the column settings is a little trickier. Here’s where you can access the column settings:
- Inside the Page Builder, hover over a module in the column you want to edit.
- Tap on Column Settings and then scroll to the Background settings for that column.
- Make your desired changes and publish!