From time to time, you need to be able to add a third-party script to your website to connect it to chat apps, giving solutions, or user tracking and engagement platforms. We’ll show you how to do that in this guide. Here’s a list of some of the kinds of integrations that can be done this way:
- Gloo Connect
- Text in Church Digital Connect Card
- Facebook Pixel
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Church Hero Plan Your Visit
- Log in to your site as an administrator and open the Global Options.
- Click on Custom Scripts. If you don’t see an option for Custom Scripts, you may need to activate the custom scripts plugin. Feel free to reach out to us via chat for help with that.
- Paste the script into the head, opening of body, or end of body as instructed by the source. If you don’t have specific instructions, paste it into the top head field.
- Publish your changes.
- After adding things like this to your entire site, you often need to clear your site cache. Hover over the cache menu in the top right corner of the dashboard and select Refresh All Pages.
Always be sure to test your site a bit to make sure the result was what you intended. Adding custom script can break your website if not done correctly. If that happens, reach out to us via chat and we’ll get you back up and running.