When you create a form, it doesn’t automatically display anywhere for the general public. You have to add that form to a page or a piece of content on your site like an event, connect card, etc. This guide will walk you through that procedure.
Table of Contents
Add your form to an existing page
If you already have a page where you’d like to add the form, the process is very simple.
- Find the ID of the form you want to display. The form ID is visible on the form editor or the form listing on the dashboard. In the forms listing, you’ll find the form ID in the column directly after the form title. On the editor, you’ll find it at the top of the page, also right after the title.
- Go to the page you want to add the form to and launch the page builder. You should see the page builder button in the top left corner of the screen when viewing a page on the front end of the website. If you don’t, you may need to log in as an administrator or editor.
- Add a new HTML module to the page. Click on the plus button in the top right side of the page builder interface to add a new module. Find the HTML module and drag it into the page.
- Paste the forms shortcode into the HTML module. You can add a form anywhere on your site with a simple shortcode like this:
[gravityform id="37" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]Make sure you change the form ID to match the ID of the form you want to add. In this case, form number 37 will be displayed without a title or description. Ajax is set to true in case the form needs to go through a few pages of steps without refreshing the page.
- Publish your page. Click Save on the HTML Module settings window, then Done and Publish in the top right corner.
Add your form to a new page
- Create a new page. Hover over the + New button in the top admin menu bar (when you are not in the page builder). Click on “Page” to add a new page. That will take you here: https://yourcustomdomain.digitalchurch.website/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=page
- Give your page a title. If you’d like to customize the link, you can edit the slug as well.
- Click on the page builder button. Then follow the instructions above.
Add your form to a connect card
- While editing a connect card, select the “Form” option for the call to action.
- Select your form from the dropdown list.
- Publish your connect card.
Add your form to an event, blog, etc.
- In the body of your event, blog, etc., just paste in the shortcode as explained in the first section. This method should also work in any area of your site that will accept HTML or text. You can even set up a modal popup window to display your form in a popup.